Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Vintage Head Vase for Hair Tools

 
As I was using the flat iron to straighten my hair the other day, I looked down on the bathroom counter and thought, "Eew!"  Why was I storing my big hair clips, teasing comb, etc. in an old, ugly plastic cup?!
 
 
When I finished my hair, I did a quick walk-through of the house, searching for the perfect receptacle and settled on my vintage head vase.
 
SO much better!
 
 
I love it when I find new uses for my vintage treasures!  (That's my mother's old train case with a stash of my other hair things.)
 
Any "new" discoveries in your home lately?

4 comments:

Missy Shay said...

That's a good idea! I am always moving my stuff around in different rooms and different uses.

Blessed Serendipity said...

She is perfect to hold some of your hair supplies! I love the train case too.

xo Danielle

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I love it when I find new uses for old things too!
I bought a set of Pyrex canisters...2 glass with plastic twist on lids. Shallow. I had intended to resale them.
They sit on my counter one holds tea bags, the other Stevia packets!
Quite colorful really! Especially since you can see the contents- and the stevia are in a bright lime-ish colored wrapper.
I just love it now. :)
I like your little head vase-- and great combo-- head vase and hair pins!
Pat

donna said...

What a great idea. I am so in love with head vases.
Hugs
donna