Tuesday, April 1, 2014

6 Easy Steps to Updated Your Etsy About Page

I finally made time to update my Etsy shop.  I'm a little late doing this, since they added the "Check out this shop's about page" a while ago.


I'm still not very confident with this computer stuff ~ I'm easily intimidated by having to make changes, afraid I'll mess up and break a link or something.  I really shouldn't have worried about these changes because they were pretty easy and didn't take much time at all.

Here's how I did it...

1. Under the "Your Shop" link, I clicked on "Listings Manager" (upper right on screen)
2. Next I clicked on "About" under the "Shop Settings" (about mid way down on the left side of the screen)
3. I uploaded a picture of myself as the "Owner" of my shop and clicked the "Edit" option to write a little bit about my shop (this is all under the "Members" tab).  This took about 5 minutes.

 
4. Then I clicked on the "Story" tab, created a headline, something I think sounds engaging and interesting, and then spent about 15 minutes writing my story.  Initially, I was thinking too hard about what sets my shop apart from thousands and thousands of others.  Then I relaxed and just started writing and the story came naturally.  Duh!  It's MY story.


5. Loading my pictures and adding captions was the next step.  Culling through hundreds of pictures took some time because I wanted to find the right pictures that best illustrate what I do and what I make.


6. Finally, I added links to my Facebook page, this blog and my website.

Since launching Retro Revival, sales of my products have continued to climb on Etsy.  1,162 to date!  From day one when I spent just $.20 and five minutes to list my first shower cap, I've thoroughly enjoyed the process.  It's such a wonderful platform for selling and interacting with buyers!


If you haven't updated your Etsy shop's About page yet, here's a helpful link: https://blog.etsy.com/en/2013/3-questions-for-uncovering-your-creative-origin-story/

 
And here's the link to my shop's About page https://www.etsy.com/shop/RetroRevivalBiz/about?ref=announce
 
Have you updated your About page?  Do you have a tip you'd like to share?

1 comment:

Marlynne said...

Good for You! You made it sound doable. Some day I'm going to try to open an Etsy Shop! Very nice pictures too!