Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reese's Peanut Butter Cheese Cake

Remember me carrying on about Captain Project giving me a KitchenAid last Christmas? (Click here for blog post.)


Well, while living at the farm I had to store it in a cupboard.  Now, in our new place, I have space to display it every day.



I refer to this as my "baking corner."  Having it out on permanent display is nice because I think it's so pretty.  And you know how heavy these things are so it's great to not have to lift it every time I need to use it.
 
 
I found these sweet prints in Farouche's Etsy shop.
 
 
The yellow frames too, from RedEggBoutique.
 
 
I was busy in my baking corner last weekend.  Have you ever tasted a Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake?  Totally decadent.  Totally delish!  Warning ~ this recipe is a bit of a Magilla, many steps and takes quite a bit of time.  And it's huge, probably weighs over 5 lbs so make it when you have a crowd or want to share.  Here's the recipe a friend gave me some 15 years ago...

REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUP CHEESE CAKE
Ingredients:
   For the crust
2 cups crushed chocolate cookies
1 cup chopped salted peanuts
1/2 cup melted butter

   For the filling
4 8 ounce packs cream cheese
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1/4 heavy whipping cream
2 1/2 cups chopped Reese's peanut butter cups

   For topping:
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Grease 9" spring form baking pan
3. Crush cookies


4. Chop peanuts


5. Mix both together and add in melted butter
 

6. Press mixture into the bottom of your pan and press up against the sides of the pan
 

7. Bake 8 minutes and set it aside to cool as you make the filling
8. Reduce oven temp to 325
9. In a big bow, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth
10. Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until just blended
 

11. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended each time
12. Add whipping cream until smooth
13. Chop up Reese's Cups and stir into the mixture
 


14. Pour filling onto crust and bake for one hour, or until sides are set (center will be a bit wiggly)
15. Cool in pan while you make the topping
16. In a double boiler on the stove, or using a microwave, melt the topping ingredients and stir until smooth
17. Pour over cheese cake
 

18. Place cheese cake in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours
19. Enjoy!


My next blog post will feature weight loss exercises.  Or bathing suits.  Yeah, bathing suits;)

6 comments:

donna said...

Love your new baking corner. The pictures are just perfect. Thank you so much for the recipe. Looks and sounds yummy. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog.
Hugs
donna

Becky said...

Great Googoly moogly! That looks fab. I think I'll skip making it though and just sit down and eat a bag of sugar and then a bag of Reese's!!!

I wish I had a baking corner but I manage with my vintage Sunbeam. Not too heavy.

You wear the cutest dresses ;)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That looks totally delectable!! Drool.... umm, it weighs five pounds or you gain five pounds? Either way, I want to make this!
Yes, I remember your sweet hubby's gift to you! It looks so cute in the corner and your new artwork!
Can't wait for Retro Revival Swim Suit Edition!!
Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

That looks so good !!!
I wish they sold reeses here.
A kitchenaid is on my wish list ; )
Have a wonderful day.

vintage grey said...

Such a sweet baking corner and love the yellow frames and beautiful tablecloth!! Thanks for sharing such a treat!! xo Heather

CoriLynn said...

I need to make this NOW! Yum!!!