Thursday, September 2, 2010

No Rest on Labor Day in My Sweatshop!

In less than two months I'll be doing two shows, over back to back weekends - yikes!  I'm so excited but quite honestly a bit panicked -- really hope I've haven't bitten off more than I can chew.
Although Labor Day is this coming Monday and I'd like to lounge about I really can't!  So until my shows, the fabric, thread and trim will continue to fly in my own, personal sweat shop!
Above is a vintage picture of a U.S. garment factory.  It looks rather neat and tiday, unlike my piles of lace and trim:
...and piles of ric rac and bias tape:
Jeez, what a mess!  And I'm running out of room for my completed aprons:
.  No worries - the maid hasn't shown up in years so I'll attack the chaos after the shows - ha!
To my lovely, American followers, happy Labor Day.  Hope you have lots of fun, get some rest and be safe!

1 comment:

Becky said...

What a hoot! I always tell new customers to "Please excuse my workroom. It just threw up!"

Have a great weekend yourself!